We are looking for a reliable business collections analyst to contact debtors and claim outstanding debts towards their creditors. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
This position can be stressful and difficult. A business collections analyst will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent. Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Handling accounts 31-180 days delinquent
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
- Proven experience as a collections representative
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Working knowledge in internal credit and collection databases.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
- Experience with collection compliance procedures